Monday, April 14, 2008

Home School is a Lifestyle for the Whole Family

My focus today is on the family. The main reason is that I have a new grand son who was born on Saturday, April 12. Every new life is such an amazing miracle of God! My son and his wife have now become more than a couple - they are now a family of 3. The road ahead of them will be full of excitement, frustration, laughter, tears and many more emotions. They will have to make serious decisions about school, discipline, and other issues. As I ponder the blessings in store for them, my mind naturally goes back to the days when I was raising my own children - and then to the years that I home schooled my 3 sons.

One thing I can tell you is that home school is easy to integrate into your daily routines. You will find that learning is not just confined to the "normal school hours" but goes on 24/7. Thus, your home school will become a lifestyle for your children and you, the parents, as well as for your extended family to the extent that they are involved in your day-to-day activities. As a home school "teacher" you will find yourself looking for new and exciting ways to stimulate your child's creativity and desire to learn. You will find yourself learning right along with your children! Relax and enjoy this experience! You will discover learning in places, things, and experiences that you never before considered to be "educational." You are on an adventure of learning with your children. Be excited about what you are doing and teaching and they will catch your excitement! Have fun!

Today I have added many links to my blog that list a variety of wonderful online resources for teachers, home school parents, and children of all ages. I had so much fun researching these sites because the internet was not available as a teaching tool or teacher resource when I was teaching my children at home. We are living in an age when information is right here at your fingertips and it is a wonderful, exciting way to learn!

Don't forget to visit my squidoo page for more homeschool help and some wonderful FREE Gifts to download (I have just added some more cool stuff!):
Home School Online

No comments: